When do you need to hire a lawyer? NOW.
- Have you been notified by law enforcement that you may or currently are under investigation for possible criminal activity?
- Are you associated with people (friends, family, business associates) who have been charged with crimes or are under investigation?
- Have you been told that the government believes you are a “witness” to possible criminal activity?
- Have you been approached by law enforcement (FBI, state police or detectives, sheriffs, other state or federal law enforcement) to make a statement or “just answer some questions”?
- Are you just worried that you might be under investigation for a crime?
- Even if you are completely innocent and “have nothing to hide,” you need to protect yourself by consulting with a lawyer experienced in defending criminal cases.
Hiring a lawyer before you have ever been arrested or charged with a crime is the BEST time to hire a lawyer.
- Your lawyer can talk to you about what to expect if you are stopped, searched, or questioned by police.
- Your lawyer may be able to prevent you from being arrested and taken to jail.
- Your lawyer may be able to prevent you from ever being implicated or charged with a crime.
- Your lawyer will be able to give you an honest assessment of any possible risk that you will ultimately be charged with a crime.
- Your lawyer can prepare you for what to expect in the event you are arrested and/or charged with a crime.